Papeete Climate & Temperature
- Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia is at 17°33'S, 149°36'W, 2 m (7 ft). See map.
- Papeete has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- The mean temperature is 25.3 degrees Celsius (77.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2 °C (3.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1761.2 mm (69.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1761.2 Litres/m² (43.2 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Papeete you would come out nearest to the climate station at Dongola, Sudan where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Tropical desert biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: