Papeete Climate & Temperature
- Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia is at 17°33'S, 149°36'W, 2 m (7 ft). See map.
- Papeete has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- The average annual temperature is 25.3 degrees Celsius (77.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2 °C (3.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1761.2 mm (69.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1761.2 Litres/m² (43.2 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Papeete you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Dongola, Sudan where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Tropical desert biome).
Papeete Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Papeete Climate Graph in Metric Units
Papeete Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: